[SECC] Atlanta Hamfest

Subject: [SECC] Atlanta Hamfest
From: thompson at mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Tue Jun 8 16:02:58 2004
The Atlanta hamfest went to pot when the ARC fired W4GKF and W4MGX.  I was
there when the vote was taken as was Stew K4SMX.  AS I understand it not
only were they fired but kicked out of the club.  There were unproven
allogations.  Its interesting to note the ARC went from 200 at a meeting to
maybe 50.

I feel that the current leadership of ARC has them on the right track.
There were more vendors this year but EBAY et al are limited attendance and
the flea market.  You have to go to Shelby
for a real big flea market.  Biggest small hamfest in Spring/Summer for a
flea market is the Greenville (UpCountry) SC Hamfest...much bigger than
Birmingham.  Lawrenceville is the biggest hamfest in the Atlanta area.

Dave K4JRB