[SECC] This weekend's contests

Subject: [SECC] This weekend's contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu Jan 8 15:45:05 2004
Hello all:

There are a number of contests this weekend.  I have picked out the ones
you are most likely to run into or to be able to participate in.

NAQP CW.  Saturday 1/20 28 UTC to 06 UTC Sun.  Maximum of 10 of the 12
hours.  160 - 10 M.  Maximum power 100 watts output.  Multipliers are
PER BAND so a lot of QSYing can be expected.  We have some teams.  Sign
up immediately with KU8E (ku8e@bellsouth.net) if you have not already
done so and tell him if full time or part time.  Exchange for NA
stations:  Name, SPC.
For non NA stations:  Name only.  (Your computer program may want you to
fill in "DX" for the section.  http://www.ncjweb.com/naqprules.php.

UK (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) SSB DX
Contest.  Exchange for UK stations:  RS plus UK area code.  For non UK
stations:  RS plus serial number.  http://www.srars.org/ukdxcruleseng.pdf.

Lions on the Air:  Lions club members work the world.  My Dad was a lion
and occasionally participated a little in this contest.  They do a lot
of good esepcially with sight conservation.  48 hours 00 UTC 1/l0 to 24
UTC 1/11.  160 - 10 M CW and SSB.  Exchange for lions:  RS(T), Serial #,
Name, name of club, district number.  For non lions:  RS(T) + serial #.
http:www.sarl.org.za/public/contests/lionita.asp.

Hope everyone can get on in NAQP at least, have a lot of fun, and a lot
of QSOs.

Keep warm!

73,

John, K4BAI.