[SECC] Constition & By-Laws

Subject: [SECC] Constition & By-Laws
From: k4sb at earthlink.net (K4SB)
Date: Tue Nov 25 11:37:33 2003
MEETINGS: Article IV

The By-Laws shall provide for regular and special meetings, a minimum
of one-fourth of the membership shall constitute a quorum for the
transaction of business.
----------------------------------

The above is a verbatim quote from the C&BLs of the SECC from our WEB
page.
I do not know if the C&BLs regarding this matter have been amended,
but it should be quite obvious that the chances of getting 1/4 of our
members at any one meeting is next to impossible.

I do know that voting can be done by email. Therefore, assuming the
above is correct, I propose the following changes in Article IV.
----------------------
MEETINGS: Article IV

The By-Laws shall provide for regular and special meetings, a majority
of the membership present at such meetings shall constitute a quorum
for the transaction of business. In addition, regular and special
meetings may be called by the President of the SECC at his discretion,
or when requested by a member of the SECC in good standing, to amend
the Constitution and By-Laws. Voting for any amendment may be via
Email, or any other established means of communications.

As a member, I request the President of the SECC, acting under his
authority, authorize a "special meeting", and request a vote by email
to waive the requirements for amending the C&BLs on this occasion, and
that such amendment, if approved, shall be made retroactive to 1
January 2003.

I further request a vote from all members of the SECC on this
amendment. A simple majority of those Club members voting shall be
sufficient to accept or reject this amendment shall determine passage
or failure.
---------------------
Personal: I hate to point out the obvious, but if the section is not
amended, we do not have any duly elected officers, and any business
conducted for at least the last 2 years is null.

There is also another section of the C&BLs which needs to be amended.
More later.

Our WEB page also needs updating to reflect the current Officers.
(hint hint Jeff ):>)

73
Ed
PS
So far, we have about 10 members who have indicated they will
participate in the CQWW this weekend. Since all have posted to the
SECC their intentions, I don't feel the need to summarize.