[SECC] GQP-2004

Subject: [SECC] GQP-2004
From: k4sb at earthlink.net (K4SB)
Date: Wed Aug 13 23:48:06 2003
> W4DD writes:
> > Perhaps voting on line for future issues is the answer.  Seems like the
> > hamfest attendance is too thin.
----------------------------
If the attendance is too thin, it's not the fault of those who did
attend. While I support the idea that one's family comes first, I am
getting a little tired of the excuses; wife's family in town, going
shopping, ad nausem. If you can't spare 2 hours per year to support
the SECC, perhaps you should consider your value to the SECC.

And, I don't think online voting is approved in the Constitution and
bylaws, and

You must have at least 4 affirmative members to even ask the officers
to consider the idea. Considering that at least 3 of our present
officers were present at the meeting and voted for the measure, I'd
say you have an uphill fight.

Then there's the problem of "members in good standing". Our rules
require log submissions for at least 2 contests per year.

Anyone want to open that can of worms?

73
Ed