[SECC] Mast Pipe

Subject: [SECC] Mast Pipe
From: k4no at mchsi.com (Greg Richard)
Date: Tue Aug 5 21:41:52 2003
Fred,

Try TW Metals in the Atlanta area.  They purchased Tube Sales a while back
and should stock what you are looking for. If you can purchase it thru your
company, you should be able to get a better price than as an individual.  If
they don't have what you are looking for in Atlanta,  they will have it in
their Houston branch and they can ship it on one of their shuttle trucks at
their expense.  They might be able to galvanize it for you at an additional
cost but it would be cheaper than you having getting it done...and you'd
only have to haul it on your truck once down I-75.

I think I had Tube Sales price me some thru my company several years ago and
the price was $6 bucks  a foot.  They can provide you with mill test reports
at no charge and that will give you the yield and tensile strength for any
stress calculations you are interested in running.

The tubes are in the 17 to 24 foot range but the sales person should be able
to see what lengths they have in stock and you will be able to specify it
when you place an order.

There maybe other source in the Atlanta area.  Copper and Brass may have it,
I don't think Ryerson Tull has a branch in Atlanta, we deal with their
Birmingham office.  I will check my Rolodex at work and see who else may
have stock in your area tomorrow.

Greg K4NO