[SECC] This weekend's contests

Subject: [SECC] This weekend's contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu Jul 31 11:10:16 2003
Hello all:

Of course, the big one this weekend for SECC should be NAQP CW.  We have
had a lot of interest in this in the past, but can't seem to get up many
teams this time.  Please let KU8E know immediately if you can join a
SECC team.  In any case, hope a lot of you will be active as it is a fun
contest.

It runs 18Z Sat Aug 2 to 06Z Aug 3.  You can operate any 10 of the 12
hours.  Off times must be at least 30 minutes in length.  Exchange is
Name and SPC.  Non NA stations need send only Name, but your logging
program may want you to type in "DX."  Multipliers are counted per band
so there is a lot of QSYing that can be done and there is a benefit to
be flexible and able to go to any of the 6 bands instantly.  Obviously,
this is a great contest for a SO2R station, but don't get discouraged if
you are not set up for that yet.  I am not, and I plan to be QRV for 10
hours unless thunderstorms intervene.
Suggested frequencies are 1815, 3535, 7035, 14035, 21035, and 8035, but
stations will be spread up and down from those points and some spot QSY
frequencies will be far removed from the suggested frequencies.  Avoid
any QSOs between 1830 to 1840 (unless with DX of course).  Power limit
for all stations is 100 watts. Rules website is:
http://www.ncjweb.com/naqprules.php.

This weekend is also the annual 10-10 Summer Phone QSO Party.  It is for
all of the 48 hours of Saturday and Sunday UTC, so you can play around
in it when NAQP is not on.  It can be fun if the band opens.  Exchange
is Call, Name, SPC, and 10-10 Number (if applicable).  There is a QRP
category.  Rules and forms can be found at:
http://www.ten-ten.org/rules.html.

Also, don't forget the annual QRP Spartan Sprint on Monday night.  It is
held the first Monday night of every month.  It will be 01 to 03 UTC
Tuesday or 9 to 11 PM EDT.  Usual frequencies for QRP contests, 3560,
7040, 14060, and 21060 and 28060, but I'd be surprised if QSOs on 21 and
28 will be possible this month.  Exchange is RST, SPC, and power
output.  Stations can be worked on each band.  Score reporting is by the
honor system to an internet address and they want it quickly or not at
all.  In June, I didn't send mine in until Wednesday and that was too
late for their reporting back to the participants of the final results!
Of course, keep your power output to 5 watts.  You will want to read the
rules about the tubby division and how to weigh your station for the
Skinny Division if you get serious about this one.  The new website for
rules is:
http://69.5.23.180/ars/pages/spartan_sprints/ss_rules_new.html.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and a lot of contacts.

73,

John, K4BAI.