[SECC] Field Day

Subject: [SECC] Field Day
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Jun 30 08:59:46 2003
 I helped out the Columbus ARC this Saturday. K4BAI and I were just about the
 only CW ops so I gave John a 4 hour break on Saturday night. I also had
 fun helping my wife operate 20 SSB on the GOTA station for about 10 qsos..

 It was interesting when watching the Columbus CBS affiliate 6 PM news on
Sunday evening that they had a nice story on ham radio and the Columbus ARC
Field Day which included some shots of our own K4BAI operating at the 20/40
meter CW station. Burch , W4WY , also did a fantastic job explaining ham radio
and emergency communications to the audience.... Pretty cool.. I wish I would
of have the VCR running...

                              Jeff  KU8E