[SECC] FT-1000MP Default

Subject: [SECC] FT-1000MP Default
From: ad4j@arrl.net (Jim Worthington)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:21:48 -0500
It sounds like your lithium battery may be going or gone. My MP Mk V manual
says (on the next to last page):

"A 3-V Type CR2032 Lithium Battery (BT5001) is location on the CNTL UNIT
board (underside) of the transceiver. This maintains the memorized data in
your radio. Battery life is normally greater than five years, however,
should replacement be needed ..." I remember seeing your MP more than five
years ago, so this seems quite possible.

Another possibility is described in the section "Memory Back-Up Switch"
(also on the next to last page of my manual). Perhaps you inadvertently
moved this switch.

73,
Jim, AD4J