[SECC] Multi mistakes??

Subject: [SECC] Multi mistakes??
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 23:18:55 -0500
On 1/14/02 6:09 PM, John T. Laney, III at k4bai@worldnet.att.net wrote:

>Of course, a lot of guys
>didn't understand the request, as AA4LR has already mentioned.

Hey, a couple of times, that was probably me who didn't understand it at
first.

Actually, I told Bill beforehand to move me for the Q, and whoever was
operating on 15m moved me to 20m, and on 40m to 80m. So, you got 2 extra
Qs from me.

>In trying to type in Shift F7, I must
>somehow have hit Alt F2 or Alt F1 and changed the band on the
>transmitter as well as the computer.

I heard you guys once on 10m, and then you disappeared before I could
call. I wonder if this was one of those times.

>One other thing is that sometimes you need to say that you are already
>QRV on the other band.  If not, the other guy may think that you didn't
>hear him say Yes and won't actually QSY.  So, on SSB, I'd say we are
>also on ____ frequency, please call us there.

I did a M/2 at W4WA's place with Ron and N9HZQ. We did that constantly.
All the time trying to move Qs, not just mults.

I did get moved this time by a few M/2 stations who did this. It is sorta
weird to hear a CQ just as you change bands, but in all but one case, I
managed to deliver the contact.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901