[SECC] RE: [SEDXC] CQWW 160 CW Contest

Subject: [SECC] RE: [SEDXC] CQWW 160 CW Contest
From: gabnjb@earthlink.net (Gary Breed)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:42:00 -0500
Ed and all

I agree with the point that the clubs are basically different, but the
CQWW 160 contest is one place where we share a common
interest.  My recommendation is simply meant to try to put together
a coalition that can win the club championship.

The issue of membership is another matter, which may need some
attention. First, I believe that we can simply declare that our score
be counted for SEDXC -- CQ does not ask for any documentation
of the club status. Think of it as a donation.  If this bothers some of
us, perhaps the SEDXC can be persuaded to make a declaration
that all SECC members are honorary SEDXC members during
January.

Finally, this proposed joint venture is an unofficial, personal
recommendation. While I believe it is for the good of ham radio
contesting in our part of the country, you may not agree.

That's OK with me.

73, Gary
K9AY