[SECC] This weekend

Subject: [SECC] This weekend
From: k4bai@worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 16:56:30 -0500
Hello all:

To clarify Gary's message, WAE is the RTTY contest, OK/OM is the CW
contest (work OK/OM stations only) and JIDX is on SSB only.

I am going back to 8P9HT/8P9Z.  Will arrive late on Nov 20 and depart
early on Nov 27.  Will be single op all bands high power if everything
works as expected.

I will plan to be on 21350 plus or minus QRM looking for old friends and
probably someone in the Columbus area at 14Z (9 AM EST) daily outside
the contest, so that will mean Wed Nov 21, Thurs, Nov 22, Fri Nov 23 and
Monday
Nov 26.  But, I may have to miss the Wed Nov 21 sked in order to go into
town and renew my license and go to the grocery store.  Depends on the
availability of the taxi driver.

I will also check in to most sessions of Ga State Net (GSN) outside the
contest period, probably excepting Sunday night after the contest.  I
may make the early net just at the end of the contest, but will no doubt
be asleep during the late net.  GSN meets on 3593 khz at 00Z and 03Z
EST.  Anyone who wants a QSO should just ask the NCS for one and I'll
move off or to another bands/mode etc.  I will have the 6 meter rig
monitoring 6 meters outside the contest period.  Last year, I worked
Paul Hansen, W6XA in Atlanta on 6M and would love to work a lot of the
SECC/SEDXC/area hams on 6 and other bands this year.  I will not be able
to go there next year for CQ WW CW because the owner of the lease on the
cottage wants to do it the year that Thanksgiving falls after the
contest.  Maybe I can go somewhere else for CQWW CW or go to Barbados
for some other contest.

You can reach me by e-mail while I am there at: 8p9z@sunbeach.net.  I
also have a phone there, but don't have the phone number in front of me
at present.

73,

John, K4BAI.