[SECC] NAQP Summer CW Teams

Subject: [SECC] NAQP Summer CW Teams
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:23:43 -0400
On 7/27/01 4:16 PM, Jay Pryor at jpryor@arches.uga.edu wrote:

>I have a copy of the SECC constitution that says: "In order to remain as
>members in good standing, members must attend at least two meetings per
>calendar year and must contribute to at least two club scores in ARRL, CQ
>Magazine or National Contest Journal sponsored contests.  Members may ask
>for this requirement to be waived due to various circumstances. Club
>members shall vote to continue membership status in such cases."

I knew I remembered that!

This is a very EASY requirement to meet. It doesn't say anything about a
minimum score. All you have to do is participate and submit a log. Get on
two NAQP teams in January, make one Q each mode, submit the log and
you're set for the year. Easy.

>The two meetings per calendar year is an ARRL requirement.  The two scores
>requirement, I don't know where that came from.

I think it was put in there to foster participation amoung the membership.

>It should be noted that
>there are a few other things in the SECC constitution that we're not
>exactly following.  In other words, if this were a contest, we might likely
>wind up being a check-log!

That's part of the reason I wanted the bylaws available on the web -- so
everyone would know the rules we're supposed to operate under.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901