[SECC] NAQP CW NJ8J SO

Subject: [SECC] NAQP CW NJ8J SO
From: Ben Coleman" <oloryn@mindspring.com (Ben Coleman)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 02:06:45 -0500
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: NJ8J
Operator(s): NJ8J
Station: NJ8J

Class: SO LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 7:21

  160:
   80:     81     31
   40:     91     32
   20:     43     20
   15:     39     15
   10:      4      4
----------------------
Total:    258    101  =  26,058

Club/Team: SECC #3

Comments:

My personal best for NAQP CW.  I didn't get started until around 2238Z,
but working HI right off was a neat start.

One pleasant surprise was finding that my new LDG automatic tuner, on
which I had noticed some RF-in-the-tuner-processor problems on 75M,
tuned quite nicely on the CW end of the band.  I haven't had time to
try to fix it, so I had had visions of having to drop the Alinco down
to low power to operate on 80.  Nice to find it worked OK for this
weekend.  Now if I can just get it fixed for the top end of the band
for next weekend.

The Florida stations must have had fun this year, what with all of the
operators going by 'Chad'.

Ben
--
Ben Coleman oloryn@mindspring.com    | The attempt to legislatively