[SECC] NAQP update #2

Subject: [SECC] NAQP update #2
From: gary@noblepub.com (Gary Breed)
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:27:25 -0500
Ron et al

Years ago when I learned to send with a paddle, I decided to use my left
hand to send CW.  The mouse is to the right of the keyboard; the paddle and
memory keyer is to the left.  I keep my paper notepad by the mouse.

If you have a good setup in WL and don't make too many entry mistakes, the
mouse is only occasionally needed.  There are keyboard shortcuts for most
actions, too.  I've seen some guys put the mouse on the shelf above the
paddle (ugh!) but most put it next to the paddle, either between the paddle
and keyboard or to the right of the paddle, depending on their normal
position for the paddle.

The biggest problem is usually other accessories in the way -- antenna
switches, A/B radio switches, etc.  Most often, these can be moved either
to the left side or on a shelf above the radio.

A bigger problem is where to put the monitor! For now, I have Radio 1 in
the center, Radio 2 to the left and the monitor to the right -- I prefer
to look side-to-side with everything at the same level rather than
up-and-down, but it's not a perfect arrangement.

73, Gary
K9AY