[SECC] Re: (*&%#computers

Subject: [SECC] Re: (*&%#computers
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (Ed Sleight)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:35:17 +0000
Guys, don't want to stray too far, but if any of you are contemplating
an upgrade ( other than a laptop ), I just thought I'd mention I just
put together 2 complete AMD K6 500 mHz screamers for a total cost of
about $420. ( had the monitors ) For all their ads, and hype, these
"specials" are a bunch of junk for the most part, mainly because
everything in the things are "proprietary", which means if your modem
goes, you replace it with their modem. Same thing goes with the
software. Windows is NOT the same software in, say a Dell vs a Compaq.

Keep your old hard drive, cdrom and floppies, and we're under $300. And
would be glad to help anyone. It's simple.

Also, I have a 486DX-100 ( may be a 120 ) in the case with memory which
is free to anyone who wants to pick it up. Only condition is it must be
an upgrade compared to your present machine.

73
Ed