[SECC] CWSS

Subject: [SECC] CWSS
From: K4BAI@worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney, III)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:43:44 -0800
Hello all:  I'll be HP SO2R from W4AN in CW SS.  Hope everyone will get
on for as many QSOs as possible.  And Jay, I hope you will do it even if
the computer won't talk to the radio. You can still use it for logging.
I'd still do the contest even if I had to log on paper like the old
days, hi.  I'm glad to know there are computer repair shops.  I thought
you just had to throw them away and start over again.  That's certainly
what I learned I had to do when my IBM laptop died in 1996 about six
months after the extended warranty ran out.  Actually one shop said they
would order a part and try to repair it for $600.00, but I'd have to pay
the $600.00 whether or not it did the job and it might not work.  I
gather you may be more fortunate if you don't have an IBM.  My current
laptop is from Dell.  So far so good with it.

73, John, K4BAI.