[SECC] Possible club call

Subject: [SECC] Possible club call
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (Ed Sleight)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 19:51:30 +0000
thompson@mindspring.com wrote:
> There was some discussion about a club call for SECC some time ago.  There
> is a call that will be available
> soon that might fill the bill.   Don't know if getting the SK's XYL to ask
> the FCC to give the club the call still works
> under the new order.
>
> Dave K4JRB
It still applies, although it is expressed as family, not as a specific
individual. Lokk at the FAQs on Vanity calls and it mentions it. BTW,
I'm not real sure that in this case, you have to wait the 2 years, BUT,
you DO have to have an existing club call. Incidentally, the FCC now
maintains that they take all the requests for a particular call on an
entire day, and then randomly pick the winner. Will see what I can find.

73
Ed

73
Ed