SD-User

Re: [SD-User] CTY-3239 Country Files - 08 December 2022

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] CTY-3239 Country Files - 08 December 2022
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 15:34:20 +0000

On 08/12/2022 14:58, Anthony Jaacks wrote:
Hello All,

I tried using Jim's last update to update the CQWW and DXCC files in SD but
it didn't work correctly. I'm glad I saved the old files.

How do I go about updating the DXCC file for this weekend's ARRL 10m
contest? That .TPL file uses DXCC.CTY.

It's a standard option in SDCHECK.  Copy CTY.DAT to your C:\SD folder (from https://www.country-files.com/contest/ct/) to replace any older file of the same name.  Then run SDCHECK (any log will do) and select Option 9 - Update DXCC.CTY and CQWW.CTY.

It's not strictly necessary for .CTY files to be up-to-date, as contest sponsors ignore Claimed Scores in Cabrillo logs, regardless of how they were created, and calculate the scores independently.

73,
Paul EI5DI