Re: [RTTY] : Signals that don't decode

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] : Signals that don't decode
From: Richard Kriss <aa5vu@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 14:00:21 -0600
On 40 meter onSaturday I heard some of the worst sounding RTTY signals I have
ever heard.  Very distorted from several stations that surprised me.  It was
like they were running AFSK with way too much audio gain into a amp that made
it even worst. The same stations were clean on 20 meter so it may have just
been weird band conditions.  I had no problem decoding but they sounded
terrible.

73 Dick AA5VU