Re: [RTTY] RTTY Roundup log submission deadline reminder

To: Alex <alex@kr1st.com>, Bob Darlington <rdarlington@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Roundup log submission deadline reminder
From: Stu Phillips <stu@k6tu.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 19:27:24 +0000
There is some glimmer in the darkness of the Ether…

My understanding is the ARRL Contest Branch historically had the availability
of the results pegged to the publishing schedule of QST – because of lead times
(and publishing calendars), this lead to delays that are simply unacceptable
today.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that preliminary results from the ARRL SS
were recently published – that’s still a 2-month delay but heck, it’s a major
improvement.

So, I’d encourage continued lobbying on the Contest Branch and your Division
Director (I suspect they would appreciate some distraction from the bylaw
excrement tsunami they brought on themselves) to get contest results published
ASAP.  The folks who run the actual result checking have the process done in
short order after the contest – so the rest comes down to “administrative
review” and related BS – for which there is no excuse and I, for one, have ZERO
tolerance.

For the Makrothen RTTY Contest, we made the goal of having the formal results
published in less than 30 days after the close of log submission – for which we
set a 7 day window (and still received a couple of complaints when the window
closed from late submitters).  We are able to hit this with some time to spare
despite the demands of the day jobs.

FWIW…
YMMV…
TANSTAAFL…