Re: [RTTY] New Radio

To: RTTY Reflector <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] New Radio
From: Kok Chen <rtty@w7ay.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 08:42:36 -0700
> On Sep 28, 2017, at 8:14 AM, Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The ad for the IC-7610, which appears to be the 7300's big bro,
> specifically claims an RX input.

Not just a second antenna port, but a completely separate second ADC.

I.e., it is the equivalent of two Icom 7300, and with better front end
filtering than the 7300.

I have one on "reserve" since January, with the plan of using it for things
like diversity RTTY, to complement my Hermes and AFE SDRs.

The 7610 may not work for the SO2R operators, though.  I don't think current
Icom firmware permits simultaneous transmit and receive, but we don't know for
sure since no one has been able to get their hands on one.

73,
Chen, W7AY