Re: [RTTY] New Radio

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] New Radio
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 00:20:14 +0000

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 18:52:25 -0400, you wrote:

>Used Flex 6300
>
>Jerry W4UK

REPLY:

I agree. For best results, plan on using a second monitor in full
screen mode.  The spectrum display on this is absolutely superb, puts
everything else to shame.

For contesting, there are four features I especially like:

1.  It lets you immediately find an open spot on a crowded band. Has
both a spectrum display and waterfall at the same time.

2. Lets you take a quick look at an entire band at once to see if it
is open or has any activity.  Think about it - no tuning the knob to
check a band. You see the whole band at once and with the click of
your mouse, you zero in on any activity. .

3. Although it transmits AFSK, you'd never know it. It emulates true
FSK so well you will never know the difference. This allows you to use
both NET and AFC while S&P'ing, getting you exactly on frequency every
time.

4. And this is a big one:  No tangle of cables from the computer to
the radio and no RigBlaster, MicroHam or other box!  Everything is
done over a single Ethernet cable, the same one your computer uses for
the internet. You will need a router if your computer has only one
Ethernet port and you want to use internet and radio at the same time.
I got mine at WalMart for $39.

Do yourself a big favor and actually see one in operation.  You won't
be disappointed.

73, Bill W6WRT