Re: [RTTY] One Pet Peeve

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] One Pet Peeve
From: Dave Barr <recordupe@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 12:52:32 -0400
There are several things that ops who are asked for repeats can do to speed the contact. Most involve having enough macros to address specific requests. I always have a macro for each part of the exchange, such as my name, my age, my zone, my serial number, and even 599 (cause yes I have had requests for repeats on RST) so I can send just the requested part of the exchange.

The repeat requester can help also. One will note that most of the exchange parts I mention above involve numbers, thus a repeat request for "number" or "nr" can be ambiguous in some contests. The requester should be specific, i.e. "agn serial" or "zone?" or "rpt time" if he'll get really bothered by getting the whole exchange again.

73 to all and good luck in the NAQP,

Dave, K2YG/1 IOTA NA46 (for now).