Re: [RTTY] RTTY vs PSK31 on Field Day

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY vs PSK31 on Field Day
From: Ryan Noguchi via RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 17:31:10 +0000 (UTC)
>In my opinion, if the op is experienced enough to know both PSK and RTTY,
>he/she should be knowledgeable enough to make the choice of RTTY over PSK.

Does anyone here have any statistics or even anecdotal observations they could
share of the relative number of PSK QSOs vs RTTY QSOs in last year's Field Day?
Because what little I've seen by Google searching indicates that there were a
lot more stations doing PSK than RTTY, and that disparity is growing with each
year. If that's accurate, choosing RTTY over PSK isn't necessarily a sound
strategy if your goal is to make more digital QSOs. The best strategy is likely
what AC0C said:  Plan to operate both.

73, Ryan AI6DO