Re: [RTTY] I am having a devil of a time...

To: DieselCar@aol.com, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] I am having a devil of a time...
From: Thom <ki8w@ki8w.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 12:16:56 +0000
I want to say that I do appreciate all the comments and suggestions made to me regarding getting my Rigexpert TI-8 to key and run FSK on my Kenwood TS-570D have all failed. I suggest that because the TI-5 is a discontinued product that all the information and/or software solutions do not work on a TI-8.

At this point I am beginning to think that the FSK circuits in my TS-570D are simply no longer working. This is a very old radio and even Kenwood has stopped supporting it and no repair parts are available either thru them or thru any of their service and parts centers.

The radio will still work fine as a CW radio and I am putting it to that task.

I am ordering a cable set for my TS-480 and I will give that a go.

thanks all.

73

Thom KI8W