Re: [RTTY] PLEASE operate in the MAKROTHEN RTTY contest thisweekend!

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] PLEASE operate in the MAKROTHEN RTTY contest thisweekend!
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 10:14:32 -0500
On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 8:10 AM, Barry Murrell ZS2EZ <zs2ez@zs2ez.co.za> wrote:

> Thus I must now compete DIRECTLY against others running 10x my power....
> what is the point??

A couple observations.  1) Makrothen is distance based and ZS is kinda
off in a corner by itself (density of hams wise) so most of your QSOs
will be worth more points for both ends making you desirable
regardless of power level.  2) To the best of my knowledge, there are
no contests with mandatory participation, at least in FCC regulated
entities.