Re: [RTTY] RM-11708

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RM-11708
From: Thom <ki8w@ki8w.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 17:01:03 +0000
I am not all that concerned about this measure. Bandwidth be damned my biggest issue is with the increasing noise floor this country is experiencing.

The latest QST has a article about how an area in one city experienced a total blackout of radio, cellphone and in some instances automobile electronics being compromised to the point of a cars not starting.

The incident was caused by a single malfunctioning device.

Last night something was running in my neighborhood that caused 30db over S9 noise on the entire 80 meter band. I have not the resources to even begin tracking such a device. Today the noise is gone.

I normally run S5-S7 here.

The ever increasing use of devices of all types is something the FCC should be more concerned about and so should all Amateur Radio operators.

If don't fix this there will be no bandwidth to even worry about.

I am off by soapbox now.  Back to the contest.

73

Thom KI8W