Re: [RTTY] RM-11708

To: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>,"rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RM-11708
From: Matthew Pitts via RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 10:43:39 -0400
And everyone assumes that the system that shall not be named is capable of some
of the things they see implied in comments or the development team behind it
would ever consider adding them. They also assume that comments made on a radio
show (or whatever it was) by a certain individual associated with that group
apply to software used now by them.

On the subject of busy channel detection, it does work and is implemented in
all software and hardware used. What is often overlooked is that once the
connection has been made, it is extremely difficult to continue analysis of the
channel to keep from interfering with users outside the initial connection
bandwidth. Also, with the exception of Pactor hardware, the software modems do
have visual means of detection of signals in the passband.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU