Re: [RTTY] Another use for RTTY skimmer?

To: Don Hill AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Another use for RTTY skimmer?
From: Mark n2qt <n2qt.va@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 14:14:28 -0400
Well there are (at least) two things causing this.

1. The Rtty skimmer seems to work better when set to aggressive. Not all sysops
have
gone to this setting as it is different from what was originally recommended.
You also
can not tell what the rtty setting is from the information shown on the
reversebeacon
website as only the CW skimmer setting is shown. Setting to aggressive really
helps,
please help get the word out.

2. Finding the right decode scheme for rtty just seems to be hard. VE3NEA has
been working
on an improved scheme which continues to evolve as it is being tested.

Mark. N2QT