[RTTY] Another use for RTTY skimmer?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Another use for RTTY skimmer?
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 07:58:27 -0500
Last night in the EP2A pileup, I was using WriteLog with a bandmap and
connected to a Packetcluster node with RTTY skimmer spots enabled.

Some skimmers were showing all the callers up above EP2A. I'm not sure why
this happens (?????) but I was able to find where the DX was listening by
looking at the call he was working, then clicking on that call on the
bandmap, which had been skimmer-spotted, and it put my VFO right on the
caller's frequency. It was pretty slick. It didn't help me make the contact
but it was interesting to use it that way.

I wonder how all the calls are being spotted without CQ or QRZ or anything
else other than their callsign being sent. Why does this happen?

Don AA5AU