Re: [RTTY] Commercial software

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Commercial software
From: Kok Chen <rtty@w7ay.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 09:49:01 -0700
Not everyone has the time nor the inclination to create an interface just for
you.  But you can create an interface for your program (since you know the
internals) to mimic a protocol that one of these programs already take.

If memory serves, Andy K0SM's TinyFSK even went as far as to use the TNC
protocol to interface with an existing contest software.

For what its worth, as someone who develops programs and signal processing
techniques for fun in my retirement, I too agree with N2AMG.  In my amateur
radio endeavors, I will not go out of my way to help a commercial outfit
either.   My friends will tell you that I do not even go out of my way to port
my programs to an operating system which I do not use :-).

73
Chen, W7AY