Re: [RTTY] Simple thing that seemed to improve my S&Ping

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Simple thing that seemed to improve my S&Ping
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 09:43:40 -0500
If you want your callsign corrected send it before the report not after!

John KK9A

To:     Salvatore Irato <iw1ayd@gmail.com>,
"rtty@contesting.com"   <rtty@contesting.com>
From:   Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date:   Tue, 16 Feb 2016 13:36:22 +0000

The wise thing to do when in S&P is not to send your exchange until you're
confident the runner has your call correct. Send your call 2/3 times
(whatever
your standard call reply is) until you see your call print correctly in
response. Of course, I haven't the discipline to do this consistently, so
when
I see ?B2ZY or AB2TY decode, I usually send my normal exchange and press the
"My call" button once or twice, so TU 599 385 385 becomes TU 385 385 AB2ZY
AB2ZY.

AB2ZY