Re: [RTTY] GRITTY

To: "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@dxatlas.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] GRITTY
From: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 10:20:17 -0700
On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 9:30 AM, Alex, VE3NEA <alshovk@dxatlas.com> wrote:

By the way, GRITTY already does something like this for callsign
> extraction. It takes all copies of a callsign in the message and merges
> them in a statistically optimal way to produce a single, more reliable
> callsign estimate for the call stack.

Which is what contesters' brains do. Of course contesters use additional
information. Like who they have worked in other contests. Like who they
have worked already in this contest on another band. Like what callsigns
are likely on a given band at a given time. Etcetera.

It's going to be fun to see what is best. I suspect some combination.

Diddle Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX