[RTTY] CQ at the end

To: rtty reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] CQ at the end
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 14:05:16 -0700
I start and end my CQ with CQ. Could we dump the 1st CQ? That would be great.

At the end of a contact I would sign QRZ? along with most.

What I find with RTTY is the qsos are all timing. You get into rhythms. When the Rhythm is out of sync you know to look for issues.

I never changed up my exchanges. I sacrificed speed for reliabilty and good contacts. Some really strong guys would dump calls only once and only give rst and # once. Most sent RST and # #. One person sent RST a bunch of times.........weird.

Most of the exchanges were all very similar ie

someone called me I would send hiscall 599 # # hiscall the reply was generally mycall report hiscall.

This is all very important when tuning across contacts to understand who you are hearing. Similar to CW and RTTY Sprints where the last call you should hear is the person that has the freq.

I think you are asking for trouble if you expect everyone to program in lf/cr in their reports. I have plenty of contacts that were done on the fly with the TX buttons on their end or sequences and lf/cr's that were over done.

What I did notice is that more and more people are adopting very similar CQ's, reports, exchanges, which I think makes for a better contest and more reliable exchanges.

My apologies to Ed P49X as almost every one of our contacts I had some thing bad happen. Amp clicked off in the middle but he still heard me and other stupid things. Rather embarrassing to say the least.

--
Mike W0MU