[RTTY] JT65A/JT9 Modes/Frequencies

To: "rtty @ COL" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] JT65A/JT9 Modes/Frequencies
From: "Thomas F. Giella W4HM" <thomasfgiella@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 06:49:19 -0500
I've been operating the digital modes since 2003 starting with PSK31. This led me to operate other digital modes including MFSK16, OLIVIA, RTTY. And last but not least JT65A and JT9. BTW I began RTTY contesting in 2006 and really enjoy it.

The JT65A and JT9 modes do have a distinctive sound and appearance on a waterfall display such as MMTTY. I participated in the ARRL RTTY Roundup this past weekend and never operated below 14081, 21081 and 28081 kHz to in order to protect the weak JT65A and JT9 signals and it did not impact my score in a negative way.

It's not hard to avoid QRMing weak JT65A and JT9 modes in a RTTY contest.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella W4HM
Lakeland, FL, USA
thomasfgiella@gmail.com