Re: [RTTY] RTTY N1MM Logger questions

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY N1MM Logger questions
From: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@storm.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 06:54:10 -0400
Dick,

Some of the filtering you want can best be done at the cluster node you are connected to - for example, you may be able to set the cluster to report only skimmer spots, or only non-skimmer spots, or to select spots by mode, etc.

In N1MM Logger, with the Telnet window open, right-click in either the Bandmap or Available Mults & Qs windows and select Packet Window Tools, and then Packet Filters, or simply right-click in the Telnet window and select Packet Filters. One of the options is "Allow spots for this contest's mode(s) only". You may need to use the "Change band plan for mode filter > Change Digital Bands" item on the same menu to set up the Digital band plan that the program uses to decide when a spot is digital rather than CW.

Re spots of your own call sign, if you make sure the filters at your cluster node will pass spots of your own call sign, these spots will be reported in the message area at the bottom of the Info window in large font bold red text.

Rich VE3KI

K9OM wrote:

Hi Guys,

Wondering if a N1MM Logger person could answer  the following questions
regarding RTTY operations while using N1MM Logger  software:

1) Is there a skimmer filter that can be used so  that only RTTY skimmer
spots are posted to my band map window?  (I'd like  CW skimmer spots deleted)

2) Currently, my Callsign is not shown  in the band map window when I'm
spotted.  Is there a way I can turn that  feature on?  (I want to make sure
that I don't QSY shortly after being  spotted)

Thanks & 73-

Dick- K9OM