Re: [RTTY] Documenting unattended digital interference

To: Terry <ab5k@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Documenting unattended digital interference
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 14:49:44 -0700
On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Terry <ab5k@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thoughts?

A simple log of interference events is a good first start.

The rest of the story is that I started wondering - if it so expensive to
equip a station with the necessary modems to receive these automated
stations - why a few of us couldn't pool our resources and create a
"skimmer"? It would help us document interference and perhaps even discover
some of the worst offenders. Perhaps even the existing RTTY skimmer code
could be adapted to the cause.

In the current state of affairs, we have a shared experience but no real
documentation of who, where, when, etc.

Even documenting the presence of undecodable signals in the ham bands is
worth attempting.

I don't really know what is involved but I'm willing to try.

jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com