[RTTY] Documenting unattended digital interference

To: "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Documenting unattended digital interference
From: Terry <ab5k@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 16:19:43 -0500
Folks,

Jeff, WK6I and I have been swapping emails about collecting better evidence
on interference from unattended digital stations.     The idea is that
everyone could keep a simple log of any interference and either post it to
the RTTY reflector, send it to someone to track in a Excel sheet, or perhaps
it could be collected on a web site with a web form.       The proposed
format might be something like:

DATE      TIME     YOUR_CALL      CONTEST       FREQUENCY
HOW_LONG_ON_FREQUENCY     OPTIONAL_COMMENTS

The comments might be something like:     I immediately QSY'ed or I decided
to fight it out but gave up after 10 minutes, etc.

We have some time as the next major RTTY contest is probably NAQP.

It could also be expanded to include mode and if we got the word out,
perhaps some of the CW operators might be persuaded to document interference
to CW in IARU?

Thoughts?

Terry  AB5K  and Jeff  WK6I