Re: [RTTY] From: RTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] From: RTTY
From: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 00:02:24 +0200
From: RTTY [rtty-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of RTTY [
>rtty@contesting.com]
>Sent: Friday, April 18, 2014 1:45 PM
>To:rtty@contesting.com; Al Kozakiewicz
>Cc: Al Kozakiewicz
>Subject: Re: [RTTY] From: RTTY
>
>You're blaming email providers for implementing best practices.  If yahoo
>publishes who's allowed to send on their behalf and gmail takes steps to
>reject email originating from sources claiming to be from yahoo but not on
>the list, that helps to cut back on a LOT of spam.  The real problem is
>that the concept of email reflectors like this was born in the early days
>of the Internet before web servers when spam wasn't a problem.  It has
>passed its prime, much like newsgroups.
>
>The modern solution is web based forums.  Like them or not, at least they
>don't require email as an enabling technology and thus are not a vector for
>spam.
>
>Al
>AB2ZY
NO, no and no, with some more no. Sorry but that's wrong Al:

> ... The real problem is
> that the concept of email reflectors like this was born in the early days
> of the Internet before web servers when spam wasn't a problem.  It has
> passed its prime, much like newsgroups.

Security is not and it not be never a merely negation of problems.
Cutting out roots will make any tree much worse and even simply bread for a multitude of insects. Those ISP are protecting theirs businesses forcing the open community to steer things in theirs directions. But Security is NOT what they call it dirty and clean solution just to leave them free to make money onto and inside ours need. Security is much more, not products, nor ant amount of policy. Tomorrow some black hats will scientifically discover how to breach this. By now and since yesterday we are already paying a price ten times higher due to Corporation policies. I am not against those, but Security is another thing, a whole another thing and not that layered cake
that those Corporations sell, by any mean to us.
Going up on the way of complication will not give any more KIS(S) and will be prone to more subtle attacks.

Anyway Internet is changing but not because it's becoming more secure, just for the reverse reason.

Rif. Schneier on his latest Cryptogram issue, several places: https://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-1404.html

  73 de iw1ayd Salvo

PS be quiet and find the right KIS way of change(s) to solve it and not any new issues.