Re: [RTTY] Lack of RTTY on 40 and 80 Meters

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Lack of RTTY on 40 and 80 Meters
From: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 12:30:30 +0000
Contest-wise, 40 and 80 have always been the "money bands" for me when domestic
contacts are allowed. A west-coaster might disagree with me and favor the high
bands.

Also contest-wise, in e.g. WPX RTTY, 40M and 80M QSO's are worth double points,
so domestic contacts count for almost as much points as EU contacts on the high
bands.

Contest-wise, 80M bandspace is a bit cramped limited, with the 3600kc cutoff on
top.

Non-contest-wise, 40M was always the favorite hangout of casual domestic
evening RTTY operation dating back to my first involvement in RTTY in 80's.

Every Thursday evening the NS RTTY is on, I find some casual domestic or DX
RTTY operation on 20M and 40M before the start.

W1AW/portable activations have also been very noticeable on 40M/80M/30M in the
evenings here.

Tim N3QE