Re: [RTTY] Lack of RTTY on 40 and 80 Meters

To: David Tanks <ad4tj@yahoo.com>, RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Lack of RTTY on 40 and 80 Meters
From: Jim AC0E <ham@odsgc.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 12:02:07 -0500
David,
 That is a good question.

 I don't operate 40 and 80 during the daylight hours very often.
At my QTH 80 meters is quite noisy (s7-9+) and so I mainly operate NTS CW nets on 80 meters. While 40 is much less noisy but it depends where on 40 you are looking as 7080-7100 is very quiet for RTTY most of the action I find is 7035-7060.
RTTY contest weekends are a different matter.
In addition, many are using spotting software and go to where the action is ( I do this quite often) and do not spin the dial or call CQ to strike up a QSO.

73 ~ Jim AC0E