Re: [RTTY] Digital Operators Band Plan Committee - Current thoughts and

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Digital Operators Band Plan Committee - Current thoughts and status
From: Kai <k.siwiak@ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 22:12:02 -0400
Chen,
That's not so. Pactor-IV is not permitted in the USA *only* because its symbol rate exceeds 300 baud. There is currently no regulatoryBWrestriction for non-FSK digital signaling in the USA.

The FCC consider Pactor "documented" since you can purchase a modem. I know, I don't like that approach either, but there you go!

I've been accumulating the technical data for Pactor.
Pactor-III (legal in USA) occupies up to 2200 Hz BW; Pactor-IV occupies up to 2400 Hz BW.
.
73
Kai, KE4PT