Re: [RTTY] Digital Operators Band Plan Committee - Band Plan proposal

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Digital Operators Band Plan Committee - Band Plan proposal
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 16:45:36 -0700
On 3/17/2014 3:58 PM, John Becker wrote:

  * Given that the unattended digital stations are in violation of part
97 by passing commercial traffic

This is interesting in that most of my time is devoted to pactor I'm yet
to see this on any ham
band.

There was a guy who posted here just today that the author of SailMail, "has to maintain land based stations for Sailmail and charges just enough to cover the costs incurred. It is definitely not a profit making situation."

Sounds like someone is charging to use the ham bands.  73
Tom W7WHY