Re: [RTTY] contest change

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] contest change
From: "WW3S" <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 11:58:25 -0400
Most people seem to be quoting the old rules, the new PROPOSED definition, from
the ARRL website:

2.1 No entrant may operate more than 24 hours out of the 30-hour contest
period.

2.2 Operating Time will be calculated using the elapsed time between the first
QSO and the last QSO logged minus the longest two breaks during this elapsed
time where such breaks are a minimum of 30 minutes each.

2.3 QSOs made after 24 hours of operating time have been accumulated will not
count towards the entrant's score.

2.4 All entrants are allowed only one transmitted signal at any given time.

I believe their intent is to define what OFF time is, that a break is at least
30 minutes....