Re: [RTTY] Fw: ARLB006 NTIA: No Objection to Additional Data Modes on60

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Fw: ARLB006 NTIA: No Objection to Additional Data Modes on60 Meters
From: Jay WS7I <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:57:19 -0700
Especially true since for at least 20 years no radio that I know of does
actual FSK in any case.  Its just AFSK converted.  Last true FSK that I
used was back in 1986 with Hal WA7EGA and that resulted in an actual
phone call from the FCC during some contest.  Seems the fine FSK in the
old Kenwood Twins (home brew of course) had a little or maybe they
thought a major problem as we were on 14.088 with a birdie on Air Force
MARS Transcon which is just below the edge of the band.

Hal took that fine FSK'd set of Twins to the Hamfest and gave them
away.  He then got with the semi-modern world and launched an Icom-751
which I had one of and of course it was FSK or rather AFSK converted.
Even those we had to tune prior to every contest to 170 Hz as they
shifted during the contest.

That's like saying the modern soundcard works better than my iron.
ST-8000.  Only one person has one program that is better than my ST-8000
and that is Chen.  His might even be better.  (And you need not bring up
RITTY as it doesn't work with Windows 7). So here I sit with a MacBook
and Chen's program busily receiving along with my ST-8000 on a PC.

Look out for cocoaModem III or should I perhaps say "New cocoaModem".

Heh heh.

Jay