Re: [RTTY] Multiple Decoders

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Multiple Decoders
From: Holger Gatternig <holger@gatternig.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 18:21:07 +0100

Hello to the group,

i am using a DXP-38 as a additional decoder.  The setup consist of a
756pro3 with Digikeyer2
and a K3 with a Digikeyer. The easies way to do this is a simple Y cable.
For the K3 you can use a simple stereo audio Y cable connected direct to
the radio.
For the pro3 i soldered  an Y adapter to connect the DXP-38 to the audio
out from my rig.
The only reason i stopped using the dxp as a decoder is the software
from HAL.
Every few secounds i hear a "pling" from the pc speaker. This is really
annoying.
Does anyone know a software for the DXP-38 without this annoying sounds?

MixW is my main programm for RTTY (only FSK), but i use always more than
one decoder.
Most of the time i use MMTTY and/or Airlinkexpress (excellent decoder!)
as a additional RTTY decoder.
The built in decoder from my pro3 is also always on witch is one of the
best RTTY decoders i know.

vy 73 de Holger, OE9GHV