Re: [RTTY] Contest exchanges:Adding their call

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Contest exchanges:Adding their call
From: "Larry" <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 20:48:58 -0500
I find that the percentage can be far less than 99 percent often
for any number of reasons. The trick is figuring out when the
call at the end is not needed. As the sender you won't know
and there is not a good way for me at the other end to tell you
since I may not know either.

For example, I hear you in the clear, call you, but when you
respond your signal is clobbered by other stations or drops
out due to QSB, QRN, etc and I only know you returned my
call by the call at the end. In the recent RU it happened that
way to me often.

When I operate as DX it is helpful to include the other station's
call at the end. My signal often gets clobbered by those not
following the up directive and the second call instance gives the
other station a better chance of knowing I called.

73, Larry  W6NWS