Re: [RTTY] Contest exchanges:Adding their call

To: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>, Mike Bragassa <bragassa@consolidated.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Contest exchanges:Adding their call
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 19:32:04 -0500
Conditions vary, and to avoid having to write different macros for
different conditions, I use the macro concatenation feature of WL.
Don't know if other logging programs allow this, but WL lets me hook
macros together by pressing multiple macro keys in sequence. So, I use

Macro 1: (hiscall) 599 xyz <space>

Macro 2: (hiscall)

Macro 3: (mycall)

And I just use whatever combination is appropriate at the time. When
I am running and multiple stations called me, I reply to one of them
with Macro 1 + Macro 2. This reminds everybody of who I called by
sending his call at the end. If sigs are solid and only one stn
called, I just go with Macro 1 and save time. If I feel the need to
remind everyone who the running stations is, I use Macro 1 + Macro 3.

Concatenation also allows me to vary my ID call appropriately: if
condx are poor, I can press macro3 repeatedly to send my call
multiple times. Of course, I have appropriate spaces in the macro to
separate the text strings.

I use a similar " <hiscall> tu qsl " macro that allows me to just ID
or start a new CQ or, alternatively, call the next stn (NOW N4XYZ...).

Jerry W4UK