[RTTY] WAE is coming

To: rtty contesting rttycontesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WAE is coming
From: Fabi va2up <va2up@live.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 22:13:53 -0500
Hi all,
WAE is coming this weekend and maybe some of you didn't have much time to
prepare yet or to look for the latest software updates so I thought I would
write a little note here in case.
N1MM:
version 11.11.01 is a must since a new color code is now in effect for the RTTY
version of the contest. You will notice that for this contest the callsigns in
the bandmap and the entry window (not the DI window) will take a special color
depending on the qtc-qso status and here's an overview:
RED: multiplier
GREEN: you need to qso on this band and not yet exchanged qtc
BLUE: need qso on this band but already exchanged 10 qtcs (or same continent
---) no qtc allowed)
PURPLE: already qso on this band (dupe) but not yet exchanged qtcs
GREY: qso dupe - qtc dupe (leave it alone!)
This is a great addition and I think the N1MM crew deserves a hand for it.

2 heads up now for N1MM users:

. be carefull when running and using ESM routine since the logger after F2 will
prompt you to F3 TU and log even if no 'received number' is put in the exch
window. It will just assign 0 (zero) as an exchange number as per the contest
regulation. Problem is that most of the time it is simply a missed click on the
exchange. Normally you would be propted to F8 (again) but not in this contest.
So keep an eye on it or you will log a few 0 when it should have been another
exch. #.

. If your're receiving a qtc and one of the calls happens to be one of those
'special event' of unusual calls, the logger will not accept to SAVE the qtc
because it thinks you have a busted call in there. If you're sure about the
call, you can override this by pressing Ctrl and click on the SAVE button in
the qtc window. This will bypass the problem and log your 10 qtcs.
Hope it helps.

Everything else seems to be working fb. Look forward to the contest (my
favorite) and hope to meet as many of you as possible! Have fun!

73

Fabi  va2up
http://sites.google.com/site/va2upcontesting/