[RTTY] Digital Oscilloscope for tuning RTTY?

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Digital Oscilloscope for tuning RTTY?
From: "Kim A. Hinceman" <khinceman@comporium.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:22:35 -0400
I enjoy tuning RTTY with "crossed bananas" with an old analog oscilloscope fed
from the scope outputs of an AEA PK-232 or CP-1.  This is supplemental to
software displays.

Question:

Rigol has an attractively priced digital oscilloscope (DS1052E) available.  Can
digital scopes be used to view "crossed bananas" for tuning?  If so, any
caveats?

I have no experience with digital scopes, so any input would be most welcomed.
RTTY or modulation display would be the major use for the instrument.

Thanks,

Kim
K4ATX